The appendix is connected to a large intestine. It is small in size that is around 5 to 10 cm long only. When the appendix swells, then, the discomfort is felt by the patients. The condition of this discomfort is called the initial stage of appendicitis disorder. The pain of appendicitis is generally felt around the navel. It becomes severe with the passage of time.
What Symptoms Should I Watch Out For?
● Pain that begins around the navel and then, moves to the right side of the lower stomach
● Pain that becomes worse and increases on pressure on abdomen
● Appetite loss
● Mild fever
What Are The Risk Factors?
The risk factors for the disorder appendicitis include:
● Age: It has been observed that youngsters belonging to the age group of the 20s are more affected by this disease.
● Sex: The males are more vulnerable than females.
● Genetic Disease: If any member of the family has suffered from appendicitis, then, the risk of this disease becomes higher in other family members.
The risk of appendicitis can be lower if the rich fiber food is consumed daily
Depending on the severity of the pain of appendicitis, the doctors recommend the treatment.
Pain Relievers If the pain is not severe, then the doctors try to treat it with the help of pain relievers. If pain does not relieve with analgesics and antibiotics. It has to be operated.
The surgical treatment becomes necessary when the pain of appendicitis is severe. There are mainly two types of surgery used to remove the appendix.
In the lower right-hand side of your belly, a circular cut of 2 to 4 inches is made from where the appendix is taken out.
In this method, two or three tiny cuts are made, and a long thin tube called a laparoscope is put into one of the incisions. The tube has a tiny camera and some surgical tools. By watching the monitor, the surgeon guides the tools inside your abdomen. This way, one of the incisions is used to remove the appendix.
Laparoscopic surgery is the first choice. In this 3 tiny cuts less than 1 cm size are taken on the abdomen. And camera is introduced through that. Appendix can be removed through the same incision. Patient is discharged most probably on next day